An Exercise to Start your Practice
Breathe: Now is as good a time as any!
1. Sit up straight, loosen your waist, close or half-close your eyes.
2. Relax your shoulders, neck, jaw, chest and belly.
3. Begin to breathe softly through the nose .... slowly and deeply:
Inhale fully, drawing in life-force pause for a second or two then slowly exhale, relax completely, and let go.. follow the breath with your mind, if there are any thoughts just let them happen. Notice the flow of air as it comes into the body, feeling the expansion in the belly on the inhalation and the contraction of the diaphragm on the exhalation.
4. After a couple of minutes, as you begin to feel more serene, imagine that you radiate waves of peace and compassion
around you with each exhalation...
5. Continue as long as you like.
Whenever you feel stress, anxiety, or frustration, perform this exercise for a few minutes, then reevaluate the stressful situation from this tranquil perspective.